Photobucket

Thursday, May 8, 2008

“I Did Take It Too Far Sometimes” – An Interview with Big Brother 9’s Joshuah

by David Bloomberg -- 05/07/2008

Joshuah was certainly a controversial figure in the ninth season of Big Brother – and he is willing to face up to it. In this exclusive RealityNewsOnline interview, Joshuah talks about his time in the house, including his blow-ups and attacks on various other players. What does he have to say about it, in retrospect? Who is the real Joshuah? Read on to find out what he told David.

Some reality show contestants are done with their seasons and realize they really don’t want to talk about what happened. Not so with Joshuah, as you’ll see here. Indeed, several times Josh answered questions I was planning to ask him about his more controversial moments before I even had the chance! Read on to see what he has to say.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Joshuah, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us here at RealityNewsOnline. Starting at the beginning, did you have a specific planned strategy coming into the game?

Joshuah: I actually did, my strategy in the beginning was that I was going to try to go straight or gay, not talk about my sexuality, and use that to just flirt with everybody and be everyone’s friend, the all-American guy. That’s what I was shooting for. That’s what I was planning on doing. Then the first five seconds, with the couples, it was shot right there. After I was, I guess you could say “outed,” I went with it and I changed my character to be the funny, quirky, snappy, gay guy. I wanted to be catty and bitchy and come off harmless. I wasn’t trying to be malicious or evil.

That quickly snowballed into frustrations running high, me losing my partner, and a lot of stress in the house. Once you’re in there, you can plan to be calm and play a smart game, but you are surrounded by so many conflicting personalities – they’re your nemesis and it starts to wear on you. People don’t understand how lonely you are. Even though you’re surrounded by people, they are all competing with you.

I was blessed to have Neil and Sharon as my partners, and everyone else was out to get you. That changes the mood and your personality in the game. You start playing defense because you feel like people are attacking you, and that sometimes blows up into huge loud situations that I’m definitely known for.

RNO: Speaking of Neil, what happened to him?

Joshuah: Neil was called into the diary room and then he was there for about two hours. Then I’m called in, which is kind of weird when somebody else is still in there. I saw a cup on the ground and maybe a plate, and I knew he had been taken out of the game. I was informed he had a family emergency and I had the option of Sharon or Jacob. I didn’t even have time to think at that point. I was in so much shock and said Sharon, and she was in the room with me. It was very surreal. I was told to pack Neil’s stuff, and that was all that was talked about. They said please don’t bring up Neil because he’s going through a tough time.

That was the last I saw and heard of Neil. Since I’ve been out of the house, I haven’t heard anything more than some rumors. As far as I know, everything’s okay. I haven’t heard any family situation that was that dire, so I don’t know. A mystery that I don’t know if will ever be solved.

RNO: How much Big Brother had you seen before going into the house?

Click above link for more

0 comments: