Photobucket

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another Interview with Josh

Joshuah Welch went eight weeks without finding himself on the chopping block before he became the fifth individual houseguest evicted from Big Brother's ninth season.

On Thursday, the 25-year-old advertising media buyer from Dallas, TX talked to Reality TV World about numerous aspects of the competition, including why he was the only jury member who voted for Ryan Quicksall instead of Adam Jasinski; his insight on what type of player his original "perfect-match" partner Neil Garcia was; how he's not really as hot-headed as he might have appeared; and why he worked so well with Sharon Obermueller.

Reality TV World: Seeing as how you were the only one who did so, why did you cast your jury vote for Ryan instead of Adam?

Joshuah: I felt like Ryan really played a really hard game. He did manipulate a lot of people, but he definitely laid the groundwork for Adam as far as getting to the Final 2. He won a lot of competitions and he was willing to make tough decisions, such as Adam obviously didn't want to make the final decision to choose between [Sheila Kennedy] and Ryan.

[Adam] threw the [final Head of Household] competition, and I just think that people that go out and play every single game deserve to win more than people who throw competitions and allow others to carry them to the end.

Reality TV World: Were you surprised that none of the other jury members agreed with you about why Adam didn't deserve the money?

Joshuah: I really am. I think a lot of the other people let their minds get clouded by the fact that maybe [Ryan's girlfriend and fellow Big Brother ninth-season houseguest Jen Diturno] was haunting them a little bit. They didn't want Jen to win ultimately since they were together. But for me, I'm voting on individual basis and Ryan, I thought, deserved to win regardless of if he's with Jen or not.

Reality TV World: How were you cast for Big Brother and had you applied to the show before?

Joshuah: I've always watched Big Brother, since about Season 2. I've always wanted to be on the show, but it just never seemed like it was the right timing for me.

Finally thins year I was home for Thanksgiving and I saw an open casting call in Houston, so I was like, "I'm home for Thanksgiving. I'm bored. Why not?" So I went to the Houston open casting call at a bar and got a call back, and in the call back the casting director basically told me, "I really like you a lot Joshuah, but I really need you to pop. You really need to do something for this next one." I was like, "Okay."

So I did a couple shots of Petron, went in there kind of loopy and took off all my clothes and stood there in my cowboy boots and underwear and told them, "Hey I'm Joshuah. You need to cast me or you're idiots because I'll definitely give you a good show." That's how I got on there.

Reality TV World: What was your strategy heading into the house?

Click link for more

By Christopher Rocchio, 05/08/2008

0 comments: