Photobucket

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Six classic moments from Big Brother 1 - VIDEOS

As we approach the start of a new summer season of Big Brother (July 13), I found myself thinking back to the past. Oh, not the recent past -- I think I want to forget Big Brother 9 if I can. I'm talking about when the series made its debut here in the United States.

The show wasn't actually called Big Brother 1 at the time. It was Big Brother 2000. The live feeds were free to all who had internet access, there were only ten houseguests, no "twists," and the viewers voted off a houseguest each week. Some folks thought it was as interesting as watching paint dry. But, for those of us about to become BB addicts, there were definitely some classic moments.

Under different producers, BB 2000 was an entirely different world. The ten strangers were actually strangers! Oh my, what a concept! Banner planes started flying only to increase during the second season, then be shut down in the third. The houseguests had a real pet, a pug dog named Pugita. Unlike the later seasons, there were few conveniences like microwaves or even washing machines or dryers. They had old fashioned washing boards and a clothesline. They had chickens and viewers were privy to the chicken cam. Perhaps a bit boring at times, we had plenty of classic moments.

See the 6 classic moments on TV Squad

0 comments: