Photobucket

Friday, October 3, 2008

Crazy James Is Living In Paris 2

Well where do I begin. I had my interview with the Bicycle Tour Guide people. They were really nice and amazing guys. I actually had a chance to hangout with everyone before my interview. In was nice to meet people that spoke english and were really rad. It is to bad that they are going through a slow time and can't find a position for me. I was really bummed about not getting the job, and thought I was sorta screwed, well I sorta am screwed still. I mean I was able to get a gig being an international correspondent for a major magazine back home, but I don't even have place to live. I mean the place I thought I was going to move into was really just looking for me to crash on a couch which would have been ideal but for one person. I am traveling with two so it just didn't work out. I am now staying at my friends house while he is out of town for a couple of days. He is a graffiti artist from New Orleans. He moved over here after Katrina.

I can't even begin to tell you how cold it is. It almost reminds me of New York this time last year. I kinda just want to stay inside and bundle up. I am meeting with a photographer today to shoot some photos for his exhibition and than I am going to ride my bicycle around town. I am also going to bring my video camera and attache it to my bicycle and ride through paris on my bike. I should have some kind of video of paris up soon. I am also working on multiple articles for this "unknown" magazine. I kinda don't want to mention the name until it starts rolling. I am pretty stoked about it. I also finally found my punk rock dive bar. It's called Poltiburro or Political Bull. It is based off a communist bunker and its tiny and pretty fucking rad. Thomas the owner ended up drinking with me and faith til 6am. Also the drinking culture and nightlife is completely different than in Los Angeles. It is alittle bit more calmer than I would have expected, Also the cold weather isn't something you can really rage in.

I also must ay that traveling with someone is new and alittle bit different. Tensions and stress sometimes leave you wondering if this is the right move. I think it has to do with the knowingness of nothing. Where will we live? What will we do for work? I am sure these things will figure these things but ti takes time. With certain things not working in our favor it sometimes makes me wonder if I will stay in Paris for awhile. I know I will be here till NewYears but after that who knows. I just need to make it work. It takes time and nothing is overnight.

Its a feeling I have felt before but something will happen. I am just out of my normal bubble of safety. Things will be different once I start getting these articles pumped out.

I also need to get word from the bong company. I might be doing the HIGHTIMES convention in Amsterdam.

Life is Life.

The less you think the more you know....

-James

0 comments: